UTCSTAFF Archives

March 2005

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Stuart Benkert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stuart Benkert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 16:56:39 -0500
I wanted to get this out there before the rumors started flying and I read about it in the paper (like the time we did not go to the gov's parade). The UTC Basketball band has been in a state of readiness since friday evening. Unfortunately, The NIT does not pay for the bands to travel and Athletics did not have the money to cover the expense. Laura Mincey worked hard to "make something happen" for us and we appreciate her time and efforts. My department head was witness to the long line of students who stepped up and volunteered to travel to Kentucky at a moments notice (any time, day or night). The bottom line is that pep band will not be going. They are crushed and wish that they could be there to support their lady mocs. It is not a question of the pep band's loyalty or dedication. We love our lady mocs and wish them the very best.

suartion. W