SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2005

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:08:50 -0500
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:22:00 +1100, Gerzner, Christian
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:51:00 -0500, Reef Fish
><[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>(big snips)
>
>> At the same time, entirely unrelated to
>> that life, I cancelled our next THREE cruises (which would have
>> taken place the next two months) because of all the uncertainties
>> surrounding the Quacks in Choo Choo and their dates with Sue. ;^(
>
>Bob,
>
>I am concerned, my heart goes out to both of you

Your genuine expression of concern is very much appreciated.

>(but especially to the victim),

Your "victim" is singular.  Are are making a special point that
I am NOT a victim under the circumstances?

>that Sue seems to be getting no better, as I see your posts on
>that subject.

There is still no definitive diagnosis or the severity of whatever
the Quacks found, through at least 4 days of CAT scans, 1 PET scan,
abdominal and spinal biopsies, several X-rays, EKGs, blood analyses
... in short, the Quacks were just doing their unfocussed random
fishing and came up with a rotten fish but couldn't tell where it
is exactly or how to get rid of it.

Before I am tempted to say something sacrilegious that will often
EVERYONE <G>, let me just say that "shit happens" OR the Man
upstairs (whoever and wherever it may be) has erred, again, in
whom to bestow its earthly misery.

Agnosticism      How can we know if shit happens?
Atheism          Sheeit. or I don't believe this shit
Buddhism         If shit happens it is not really shit
Catholicism      If shit happens, you deserve it
Christian Science  Shit is in your mind.
Existentialism   What is shit anyway?
Fatalism         Oh shit, it's going to happen!
Fetishism        I love when shit happens.
Hare Krishna     Shit happens rama rama ding dong.
Hinduism         This shit happened before.
Islam            If shit happens, it is the will of Allah.
Jehovah's Witnesses   Shit happens door to door.
Judaism          Why does this shit always happen to us?
Lutheranism      Shit happens, but as long as you're sorry, it's OK.
Mormon           This shit is going to happen again.
Protestantism    Let the shit happen to someone else.
Seventh Day Adventist   No shit on Saturdays.
Unitarianism     It's not the shit that matters.  It's the process.
Zen              What is the sound of shit happening?
Zoroastrianism   Shit happens half the time

Lest anyone thinks that we are not deeply religious persons (Sue
is a devoutly practicing Southern Baptist;  and I am a devoutly
practicing agnosticist and existentialist, not to mention an
antidisestablishmentarian), below is my contribution to the
Southern Baptist for not have made the above list:

Baptist:   Shit happens because Billy Graham shits.

Southerm Baptist:  Shit happens when Dr. Bob Jones
shits on his one-time student Billy Graham in Bob Jones
University by saying (cited in Greenville News, SC) "Billy
Graham is the biggest devil on earth."

Noe Schitt Sherlock.