HP3000-L Archives

February 2005, Week 4

From:
Russ Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Russ Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:53:17 -0800
Logged on as MANAGER.SYS, type "REPORT X.@".  If there actually are any MPE
groups named "X", the detail space usage of that group (as long as it
resides or is mounted to the system volume set) will appear.  Otherwise,
what you will see is a list of each MPE account and the amount of space it
is using on the system volume set.

You can then see the groups for the account by using the command
"REPORT @.ACCTNAME".  For each group about which you want to see even more
detail, use the "LISTGROUP GRPNAME.ACCTNAME" command.  Note that the output
from the LISTGROUP command will tell you the "HOMEVS" (home volumeset) of
the group.  This tells you onto which volumeset or "bunch of disks" the
group mounted.  (Type DSTAT ALL to see what disks exist on the system,
whether or not they have been mounted and to which volumeset they have been
tied.)  This is important because you cannot mv or RENAME files from one
volumeset to another, but rather you have to COPY the files from one to
another.  For example, if GRP1.SYS and GRP2.SYS are on the same volumeset,
you can issue the command

"RENAME FILE1.GRP1.SYS,FILE2.GRP2.SYS" thereby moving the file from one
group (directory) to the other.

If GRP1 and GRP2 are on different volumesets, you will have to COPY the file
to GRP2 and DELETE the original from GRP1; thereby losing the creation
date/time information (unless you have MPEX and specify KEEPAMDATES).

Where the group is mounted will also change how you do certain
administrative functions.

LISTUSER @.ACCTNAME will show you all userid's for each account.

Also, look at a program called BULDACCT.PUB.SYS.  Running this program will
build you two job scripts that can be used to rebuild your entire account
and user structure.

Two things:

1) Ignoring the signal to noise ration of this group, you have definitely
found the resource you need to administer an MPE box.

2) Welcome.  :)

HTH,
Rs~

Russ Smith
The opinions expressed in this email are mine, and are not meant to reflect
those of any other party.  The subject matter herein is intended solely for
the named recipient(s) of this email.  Spellcheck cancelled.  Your mileage
may vary.  Look both ways and hold hands when you cross the street.