HP3000-L Archives

February 2005, Week 4

From:
Cathlene Mc Rae <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cathlene Mc Rae <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:36:55 -0500
Tony, the ksam64 problem is not related.  The problem you experienced may
have been do to Information from the cr:JAGaf16956

REUSE option of KSAM64 files does not appear to work in all cases.
There is a patch for this problem. The ksam issue is only a problem if you
use btrees and you are on c.10.xx.  The c.09.xx version of image does not
use ksam64 for btrees, it uses ksamxl.

As for the turboimage lfds problem:

I'm very familiar with this problem and have been working with Adager and
the TurboIMAGE lab on getting the problem resolved since 5/2004.

The LFDS PROBLEM.
The Jag #JAGaf21118/8606360424 and JAGaf21116/8606360422

The basic problem:
Using Image LFDS:After adding a record which spans the 4Gb boundary the
dataset user labels are corrupted.

The cause of the problem is known but has been a bit more complex to fix.
The Lab has been working on the problem since June 2004.  We have continue
to update Adager with our progress on the fix.

It appears that the new code is being tested now...it's true that a fix
schedule has not yet been set.  The last updates from the lab were
1/28/2005.

Please do open a case with the response center if you have questions about
the problem or want to test the patch when it become available for beta
testing.

I have also created a note on the problem with more details on how the
problem was uncovered.

Not using this option for now would be best.  When the patch becomes
available I will publish the id on this site.

Best Regards
 Cathlene Mc Rae
 HP SR. Response Center Engineer