HP3000-L Archives

February 2005, Week 4

From:
Randy Medd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Medd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:21:53 -0800
Paul Christidis accurately wrote:

> The current version of LZW does not provide for restoring directly
> into the 'old' domain.  You'll need to restore it into the 'temp'
> domain and then save it.

where "current" refers to versions prior to Feb 25, 2005.  The current
build (A.03.55) now respects the file's original domain, restoring
temp files appropriately, without requiring the '-temp' command-line
option.  '-temp' will still force originally permanent files to be
restored as temp files, however, the original intent of the option.
This update affects the MPE versions, only - none of the other
platform versions were rebuilt.

BTW, many of the original versions won't be getting rebuilt, as we
have officially retired some of our older Unix boxes, specifically
SunOS 4.1, SCO, SGI and AT&T NCR.

--
Randy Medd