HP3000-L Archives

February 2005, Week 4

From:
Paul Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:07:57 -0800
Greg,

By default LZW, when it is asked to store a single file, will 'look' for
the file in the 'temp' domain first and then in the 'old'.  You'll have
somewhat of a difficult time in restoring said file, however, in the sense
that you'll need to use the '-temp' switch and restore the file back into
the temporary domain.

The current version of LZW does not provide for restoring directly into
the 'old' domain.  You'll need to restore it into the 'temp' domain and
then save it.

Regards
Paul Christidis

HP-3000 Systems Discussion <[log in to unmask]> wrote on 02/25/2005
12:41:00 PM: