HP3000-L Archives

February 2005, Week 4

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:34:30 -0800
IIRC, MPE FOS BIND released by HP for 6.5/7.0/7.5 is currently 8.1.1.

The ancient bixby.org version you list below is 8.2.4 and installs into the
BINDFW account, not the standard FOS BIND account.

The most recent version of BIND I have fully tested on MPE is 9.3.0, but this
port is not yet publicly available.

If you want to restore exactly what you lost, you should be able to restore the
BIND 8.1.1 I-job and tarball from your original HP-supplied 6.5 FOS tape, and
then stream the I-job to unpack and install the tarball.

- Mark B.

Robert Mills wrote:
> Late last year when we lost a disc that required a reload we found that
> several Posix applications were not replaced. One of the applications that
> was not reloaded was BIND.
>
> Anybody know if the version of BIND at http://www.bixby.org/mark/bindix.html
> is the same as that found on the 6.5 FOS? If the 6.5 FOS version is later
> then what is the easiest way of getting it back?
>
> regards,
>
> Robert W.Mills Systems Development Manager Windsong Services (020) 8309 3604
>

> * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc.,
> please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *

Remainder of .sig suppressed to conserve expensive California electrons...