HP3000-L Archives

February 2005, Week 2

From:
Bill Towe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 11 Feb 2005 11:42:49 -0500828_us-ascii iSeries numbers have been "disappointing".

See
http://search400.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid3_gci1046502,00.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/4po8g

According to the article, iSeries revenues fell 9% in the 4th quarter 2004,
the fourth consecutive quarter revenues have fallen.

At 11:37 AM 2/11/2005, John Lee wrote:
>Anybody know how IBM's iSeries is doing?
>
>John Lee
>Vaske Computer Solutions
>

>At 11:21 AM 2/11/05 -0500, Tom Brandt wrote:
>
>>There has been some talk on this list that now that Carly is gone, HP will
>>revive MPE. I just don't see that happening. The conditions that led to
>>MPE's discontinuance were established, as Larry points out, before Carly
>>arrived. [...]46_11Feb200511:42:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:23:49 EST
That's a great idea, Greg.  Let's take that a step further.

This Sunday through Wednesday, February 13-16th, HP is holding their annual
America's Partner Conference (APC) in Las Vegas.  It is strictly for HP
Authorized Reseller companies and is invitation only.  Tim Coyle and I will be
attending for BlueLine Services.

The beauty of this situation in the recent light of Carly's "stepping down",
is that as business owners, we will be given the platform to approach the
upper level Managers and Cheif Officers for ALL of HP.  Ann Livermore, John
Thompson, Jack Novia, Mike Larson, Mike Winkler, and Vyomesh Joshi are just some of
the many people available for private meetings with the attendees of the APC
Conference (see www.hp.com/go/apc) all I have to do is pick the person of
interest and set up a private meeting on their schedule in the three days we are
there.

I would love to take each and everyone of your e-mails, questions, ideas,
comments, constructive criticism...etc. to this conference with me and bring them
to the attention of the people that matter.  I am all for bringing back MPE.
Either in it's original form or in some other type of entity.  I have ideas
that I was planning to take to the conference to begin with and with each of
you, I feel like we might be able to make some noise.

I will compile these e-mails and approach each and every person requested.  I
agree with Greg here, we may each think this will produce absolutely nothing,
but we'll never know if we don't try.  Send me anything from anyone
interested in preserving the MPE environment and I will get it to the people who can
make a difference in HP.

And believe me when I tell you that HP is open for ideas after weathering the
last few years.  They have approached us about this very recently.

The catch is that I will need these questions and ideas etc. from you before
I leave for the conference this Sunday.  Please respond to this e-mail or my
home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Please participate.  I honestly think we can make people listen to us.  Greg,
I'm starting with this e-mail from you.

-Bill P. Towe
BlueLine Services Support Group
HP Channel Partner
(469) 635-2000 ext. 104
(469) 635-2010 fax
 www.bluelineservices.com
Seeing that the site was flooded with messages and it made me think.   Isn't
it time for all of us to send emails to everyone we know at HP and ask to  get
our HP3000 back to life again?  Do you guys think it will be worth  trying
it?  After all, we have already lost everything and there is  nothing more
that
we can lose!!!   How many of you out there are still  dependent on HP3000?

I have converted my software to Microsoft .NET for a year now, but I will
tell you....  if they bring HP3000 / MPE back, I will not even think a  second
and will move it back right away.
Very first customer we installed on was flooded with viruses (something  that
we never had to deal with before on HP3000).  At another customer  site, the
SQL database was corrupted (because of power outage)...  and I  dont even want
to go into backup nightmare....

Hey, we are living with it and trying our best to move on with our life,  but
every single day something comes up and we say "but we never had that kind
of problem on HP3000......."

Greg Terterian
President
Reliant Business Systems, Inc