HP3000-L Archives

February 2005, Week 2

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:24:09 -0600
I believe you are correct.  I do not remember creating it either, but in
this case. It looks like it was wiped out somehow.  This is easy to do as
it's just another file, isn't it?  One can quickly verify the existence of
the file and its proper contents by doing:

:LISTFILE /etc/resolv.conf,5

At the bottom, the target should be displayed.

********************
 FILE: /etc/resolv.conf

 FILE CODE : 0                   FOPTIONS: ASCII,BYTESTREAM,NOCCTL,SYMLINK
 BLK FACTOR: 1                   OWNER   : **
 REC SIZE: 1(BYTES)              GROUP ID: **
 BLK SIZE: 1(BYTES)              SECURITY--READ    :
 EXT SIZE: 0(SECT)                         WRITE   :
 NUM REC: 17                               APPEND  :
 NUM SEC: 16                               LOCK    :
 NUM EXT: 1                                EXECUTE :
 MAX REC: 1024                           **SECURITY IS ON
                                 FLAGS   : NO ACCESSORS
 NUM LABELS: 0                   CREATED : MON, SEP 10, 2001,  1:53 PM
 MAX LABELS: 0                   MODIFIED: MON, SEP 10, 2001,  1:53 PM
 DISC DEV #: 3                   ACCESSED: MON, SEP 10, 2001,  1:53 PM
 SEC OFFSET: 0                   LABEL ADDR: **
 VOLCLASS  : MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET:DISC

 SYMLINK TARGET: /SYS/NET/RESLVCNF
:

Then to make sure all is as it should be:

:PRINT /etc/resolv.conf

And out should pop the contents of RESLVCNF.NET.SYS

Denys