HP3000-L Archives

February 2005, Week 2

From:
Eric Sand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:54:19 -0800
Hi Folks,
    The first HP3000(Series CX) used internally by HP(the Microwave
Semiconductor Division(MSD)/Opto Electronic Division(OED) on Page Mill Rd.
in Palo Alto) in 1974 replaced an IBM System 3/Mod 10 which was infested
with RPG(sorry...) and used 96 column cards. We migrated to SPL, Fortran,
Basic, and Cobol using Image and KSAM. KSAM was HP's version of IBM's ISAM.

       Eric Sand