UTCSTAFF Archives

February 2005

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Jim Hiestand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Hiestand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:18:24 -0500
            In Tuesday's Times-News Free Press an article on the possible
acquisition of Finley Stadium by Frank Burke mentioned UTC's interest in the
stadium.  Chuck Cantrell said (but not in a direct quote) that an audit was
underway to determine whether the university was fiscally sound enough to
take over operation.

            I submit the emphasis should be on the likely revenue from the
stadium.  If it doesn't make money (taking into proper consideration rent we
must otherwise pay to play football there) our resources are inadequate and
we don't want it.  But if it does make money, I should think that private
investors in this area would step forward to reap a profit.  Where are they?

            Jim Hiestand