SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2005

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:05:21 +1100
On Thursday, February 17, 2005 12:55 AM, David Hale wrote:

(snip)
> > I have only had it in the water once, and quickly
> found that the backscatter from the built-in flash can
> be severe. I then found out that the Marine Pack for
> the P-150 apparently does not support Sony's external
> flash unit. Live and learn.

Both Janet and Meg have been using the 'Light & Motion' video light with
their Sony Cameras for some years, (their cameras and housings have
constantly been updated but the light remains the same) with some
outstanding results.  It's neat and compact and seems to do an outstanding
job.

At a personal level, I tend to favour Huw's comment of
"more-or-less-ambient-light" - in my case the effect is always like a dark
cave at midnight.  But that's 'cause I'm a Luddite!  :-))

> Good luck with your new toy!

Mate!  Thank you for that blessing.  Normally, I think of 'luck' as being
something of our own making.  That being the case, I give the new camera
about six-months to live!  :-)))

BTW!  There's a photo competition associated with OZTeK; one that emphasises
digital photography.  (Entry details on the website at:
www.diveoztek.com.au ) Everyone and anyone is welcome to enter!  :-)

Strike