HP3000-L Archives

January 2005, Week 5

From:
Raymond Familar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Raymond Familar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:24:46 -0500
I was researching this a couple of years ago for an upgrade.  I believe you
have to upgrade to a 979KS/100 or 989KS/100 which is basically a CPU clock
speed upgrade.  Then purchase and add the second processor, which is an
upgrade to 979KS/200 or 989KS/200.  These upgrades are normally performed
with a board swap, but the board may actually be the same board with clocked
up and additional processors.  I think there was an HP manual on the
939KS/030 that showed the upgrade path.

Basically, the processor you have now can have the limiter, throttler, or
whatever you want to call it removed before an additional processor can be
added.

Hope this helps.
Ray