HP3000-L Archives

January 2005, Week 4

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:34:03 -0500
Same answer Minisoft has given us.  They are making a mod so that they
will not ignore the larger packets.  Although there is something configured
(we think) in our network hardware (routers) that also may be affecting it.

Partial quote from a Minisoft person below:

Setting the packet size only affected server to client transmissions.  The
open statement sent from the client to server can vary in size. Looking at
the trace an 1,800 byte packet was sent from the client to the server.  It
never made it.  The server was waiting for it, never received it, timed out.
The client was waiting for a response the packet made it, never received it,
timed out.

ODBC is being updated so setting the packet size affects client to server
transmissions along with server to client transmission.  Still though, there
is a piece of hardware somewhere in your network that doesn't like large
packet sizes.  Heck, 1,800 bytes isn't even large!

BT

Tracy Johnson
MSI Schaevitz Sensors