HP3000-L Archives

January 2005, Week 4

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:23:24 -0800
The only way to find it for sure (that comes to mind).

Is at the boot menu, boot from the primary path,

When it says interact with IPL, answer Y

At the ISL prompt enter ODE (offline diagnostics environment)

at the ODE prompt "run mapper" or "run mapper2" depending on the HP3000 model.

The firmware will be shown in the line that displays the tape drive.

-Craig

Otto Kelton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I am posting this again as I saw no replies to the first attempt...<for bad breath/body odor>>

Greetings to all!

How do I check the Firmware Revision used by a SCSII connected DDS3 Tape
Drive? I assume the Firmware Revision for the drive is not the same as the
PDC Revision retrieved from the SYSINFO.PRVXL.TELESUP )CPU subsystem...?

While we are at it...how is firmware updated? ..or is this a super-
secret "I'd tell you but then I'd have to only let you read/post OT
subjects" type thing? <> The most specific information on how
this is done or where to find it documented is appreciated.

OS: MPE/iX 6.0 Power Patch 1 with no "Supplemental" Patches.
HPCPUNAME: 937LX
SCSII Device Information from SYSINFO - IOMAP:

Device Adapter(52) --- A1703-60003-SCSI SCSI
Device Adapter(52.2)--- PSEUDO
Device(52.2.0) [ ldev 8 HPC1533A TAPE]
***DEV CONFIG MISMATCH, ACTUAL ID = HPC1537A***

Thanks for any and all input!