HP3000-L Archives

January 2005, Week 3

From:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:48:58 -0500
I guess we just wait and see and then make our own judgement of
they are as "good loosers" as Al Gore and John Kerry, right?
Seems like in this democracy there is alot to be fixed, don't you think?
Wouldn't it be nice that before pointing fingers at others and telling them
to change system, to fix the same problems at home?
Makes it so much more acceptable to say, we are the "mother of all
democracy" if you have a place to show how real democracy works.

Just my idea.

Michael

-----------------------

Since you did not mention Bob Dole as a 'good loser', I am sure it must
have been a mistake on your part, not an indication of bias.  Maybe you
do not consider him a good loser?

And, no, I don't think it is wrong for us to point fingers at others and
tell them to change their system, but it depends upon who is being pointed
at.  I am sure you would prefer political change to be made by use of an
Acid Room or maybe Mustard Gas, and continue to be made that way until
the people doing the pointing have a perfect system with no flaws anywhere.
Me, I see the potential for improvement even if the vehicle for making
that improvement has problems.