HP3000-L Archives

January 2005, Week 3

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:10:50 EST
Jeff writes:

> My company is currently using QCTerm as a unix emulator, when I try to
> run the anim command (animate command in MF Cobol) it works, but I am
> not able to use important function keys like F4 to monitor. If I press
> function keys the session just freezes and I have to do a hard reset
> from the QCTerm drop-down menus. Not sure hw much knowledge anyone here
> has in Unix Emulators or if I am posting in the right area. Anyway, any
> help would be appreciated it. It appears the function keys are clashing
> with the animator function keys.

Unfortunately, there's not enough information in what you write to say
anything definitively. In fact, pretty much the only way to debug a problem like
this -- which is an interaction of a program with the emulator -- is for us to
sign onto your machine, using a step-by-step set of instructions that gets us to
the failure point as quickly as possible.

By performing a trace analysis, we should be able to characterize the problem
very quickly.

Wirt Atmar
Author of QCTerm