HP3000-L Archives

January 2005, Week 3

From:
Peter Smithson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Smithson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:48:12 -0600
 In article <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] says...
> My company is currently using QCTerm as a unix emulator, when I try to
> run the anim command (animate command in MF Cobol) it works, but I am
> not able to use important function keys like F4 to monitor. If I press
> function keys the session just freezes and I have to do a hard reset
> from the QCTerm drop-down menus. Not sure hw much knowledge anyone here
> has in Unix Emulators or if I am posting in the right area. Anyway, any
> help would be appreciated it. It appears the function keys are clashing
> with the animator function keys.

I've been using UNIX for about 15 years and I'm not sure if I've ever
had function keys working.  I don't even use the cursor keys in "vi" as
they weren't set-up when I first started using it.  Luckily I've not had
to use an app that needs them.  Might be worth seeing if you can use
commands instead.  I've used the animator briefly and I know I won't
have used a function key.

Acutally - I remember having to set them up years ago for something as I
needed them by changing the settings in the emulator to whatever was in
the termcap entry for that terminal (or TERM setting).

I think Jeff will be able to help you more - I suspect he knows a bit
more about it than me. ;-)

Peter