HP3000-L Archives

January 2005, Week 3

From:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:07:54 -0500
Hello all,

re:hP3000 and virus(s)

>>Virus,,,NO..... Possible hackers,,,hmmmm yes... how good is your security

I would recommend installing the GR networking patches for your release,
specifically but not limited to the Internet products that have been
reported in CERTs or have been hacked on non-3000 platforms.  Examples...
FTP, TELNET, INETD, WEB SERVER, SEND MAIL, TCP etc.. There are also fixes
for socket/port based denial of service attacks in NS Services.

I would be more concerned about this when introducing a 3000 on the internet
than an encrypted VPN telnet access, but something to think about.

Regards,

James Hofmeister
Email: <first>.<last>@hp.com
Hewlett Packard - Global Solutions Engineering (WTEC)
P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily my employers.