UTCSTAFF Archives

January 2005

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Rebekah Bromley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rebekah Bromley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:47:12 -0500
If you are a diabetic woman and have looked up
health information on the Internet, I could use
your help in a research project my daughter is
doing for her dissertation.

The Project
Looking at the way diabetic women use the Internet to get health information.

The Basics
I am looking for:
… Diabetic Women- Type 1 or Type 2 - who have
searched the Internet for health information.
Internet searches may have been for yourself or
friends and family. You do not have to have
searched for diabetes information.
… All participants should be at least 25-years-old or older.

How you can participate?
Be part of a focus group that will be conducted
on the UTC campus: Spend an hour or so with five
or six other diabetics talking about your
experiences looking for health information on the
Internet.

All information given during the study is kept
confidential. Names and other personally
identifying information will be kept out of the
final study report.

About my daughter
Her name is Camille Broadway, and she is a
graduate student at the University of Florida.
This study will be part of her final project and
has the approval of her faculty supervisors and
the University of Florida's institutional review
board, which double-checks and approves all
research projects.

I hope you are interested in participating. If
so, please call me, Rebekah Bromley, to volunteer
for the focus group or to get more information.
My cell number is 903-5727. My home number is
874-0896. My office number is X-4774. If you
rather, you may e-mail me at

Thanks so much.

Beka Bromley

--