HP3000-L Archives

December 2004, Week 5

From:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:55:39 -0800
There's no such wildcarding in Suprtool.  Try

DEF USERID1,USER-ID[1],1,BYTE
DEF USERID2,USER-ID[2],1,BYTE
DEF USERID3,USER-ID[3],1,BYTE
DEF USERID4,USER-ID[4],1,BYTE
DEF USERID1-4 USER-ID,4,BYTE
DEF USERIDREST USER-ID[5],real-length-minus-4,BYTE

IF USERIDREST = " "
AND USERID1 >= '0' #or whatever your lower limit for "characters and
numbers" is,
AND USERID1 <= 'z'
et cetera