HP3000-L Archives

December 2004, Week 4

From:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:31:42 -0800
It was the beginning of December.  The trip had gone reasonably well,
and he was ready to go back.  The airport on the other hand had
turned a tacky red and green, and loudspeakers blared annoying
elevator renditions of cherished Christmas carols.

Being someone who took Christmas very seriously, and being slightly
tired, he was not in a particularly good mood.

Going to check in his luggage (which, for some reason, had become one
suitcase with entirely new clothes), he saw hanging mistletoe.  Not
real mistletoe, but very cheap plastic with red paint on some of the
rounder parts and green paint on some of the flatter and "pointier"
parts, that could be taken for mistletoe only in a very Picasso sort
of way.

With a considerable degree of irritation and nowhere else to vent it,
he said to the lady attendant, "Even if I were not married, I would
not want to kiss you under such a ghastly mockery of mistletoe."

"Sir, look more closely at where the mistletoe is."
(pause)

"Ok, I see that it's above the luggage scale, which is the place
you'd have to step forward for a kiss."

"That's not why it's there."
(pause)

"Ok, I give up.  Why is it there?"

"It's there so you can kiss your luggage goodbye."

Putting "pc" aside,

I wish you Christmas travelers a Merrier Christmas than this story
implies!