HP3000-L Archives

December 2004, Week 3

From:
donna garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:48:48 -0800
--- "Robert J. Schlosser" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Have some insight into CI Command logging event. It was activated
> when you purchased HP Security Monitor. You could configure if a
> command was to be logged, if it was accessible from the command
> prompt, programmatically. It was with this product that you could
> encrypt the account, user and group passwords.

i skimmed thru the security monitor manual yesterday after seeing lars'
post.  the more i read the manual the more suprised i became.  i had no
idea that this software was available for mpe (clearly, i've been
living under a rock :-)

i am seeing capability in this software that i'd love to use (although
that's not likely to happen).  i'd love to be able to tell the sar-ox
auditors that yes...mpe passwords are encrypted.  i'd love to say
yes....i can tell whenever the 'purge' command is used.  i'd love to
tell the sar-ox auditors to...go away!  (oh wait, that's off-topic! :-)
      - d

=====
Donna Garverick, HP-CSA   Sr. System Programmer
dgarverick -at- longs -dot- com
925-210-6631              Longs Drug Stores

Come, my friends, 'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.
"Ulysses", A. Tennyson