HP3000-L Archives

December 2004, Week 3

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:58:43 +0100
Matthew wrote...

> If I'm not mistaken (and I'm sure others on the list will point out if I am) and
> your network printers are configured in the NPCONFIG.PUB.SYS file you should be
> able to move this file to the new system, then add your ldev's in SYSGEN and
> you'll be ready to work.

Adding the LDEVs in SYSGEN is probably the tedious part that Larry was
trying to avoid or automate. Depending on his very setup, he might need
to extract the LDEV and CLASS information from the existing system, for
example by using the "ldev id=hptcpjd" command (SYSGEN or IOCONFIG) and
then "massage" the output to create appropriate "adev ..." commands for
the new system.

Maybe something in the line of the following awk script ;-)

/^ LDEV:/ { ldev=$2 }

/^CLASS:/ {
   printf("adev ldev=%s path=none id=hptcpjd class=",ldev);
   if (NF>=2) {printf("%s", $2)};
   for(k=3; k<=NF; k++) {printf(",%s",$k)};
   printf("\n");
}

# use at your own risk

Lars ;-)