HP3000-L Archives

December 2004, Week 2

From:
Larry Simonsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Simonsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:45:43 -0700
i am subscribed to several other lists.  when a off topic message comes
the moderator issues one warning.  and the second one the user is removed
from the list.  i think we need to keep things more on scope than has been
for the past few months.  some OT for humor seems well and general
computer questions seem well but there are many that have been way off
topic for this list.

Larry Simonsen                        Phone: 801-437-3737
Flowserve Corporation            Fax: 801-491-1750
505 E. Technology Ave http://www.Flowserve.com
Bldg. C, Suite 3100      e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Orem, UT 84097
All opinions expressed herein are my own and reflect, in no way, those of
my employer.

"Shahan, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: HP-3000 Systems Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
12/14/2004 07:53 AM
Please respond to
"Shahan, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
OT: How we may be perceived

Good morning all,

        I just tried a suggestion mentioned in another OT thread on how to
use a search engine, GOOGLE, the topic was political in nature, and I did
see that there were several hits on the topic suggested for review.

        I then used that same search engine, and typed in the phrase
'childish argument', and got a lot of hits (many more than my previous
search topic yielded).  Being somewhat inquisitive today, I tried the
advance search feature of this excellent search engine, and added the word
HP3000-L to the filter used to cull results by word inclusion.  I got
results, and while the particular results located are of no consequence in
this search, that I got results may be?

        Have a great week.

Ray Shahan

Life is not a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in a pretty and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
and loudly proclaiming:

        -- WOW!!!   What a Ride! --