HP3000-L Archives

December 2004, Week 2

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 17:09:43 -0500
Wirt Replies:

> Shawn writes:
>
> >  You obviously missed the
> >  addition to this story that a journalist had fed the
> questions to the
> troops.
>
> I missed that bit of information, too, even though I just now
> scanned all of
> the major newsfeeds for it.
>
> Nevertheless, presuming for a moment that it's true, did the
> "journalist"
> also somehow prompt all of the remaining troops in the room
> to let out a large
> whoop of approval? And how did he do it? Promises of money or sex?
>
> What disrepect. Those g*dd*mned journalists. You know that
> they had to be
> behind this kind of thing. They hold everything that is right
> and pure about
> America and our blessed leaders in disrepect and will do
> almost anything to tear
> them down.
>
> Wirt Atmar

From this October's issue of the U.S. Naval Institute's
Proceedings pp. 37-41, first paragraph article entitled
"Who's Responsible For Losing the Media War In Iraq?"
James Lacey, (embedded with the 101st Airborne) quotes
General William Tecumseh Sherman:

        "I hate newspapermen.  They come into camp and pick up
        their camp rumors and print them as facts.  I regard
        them as spies, which in truth, they are.  If I killed
        them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."

(A self-damning quote, no doubt.  But the article lays
the blame squarely on the U.S. Military.)

BT

Tracy Johnson
MSI Schaevitz Sensors