SCUBA-SE Archives

December 2004

From:
Bjorn Vang Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:50:03 +0800
Hi Strike,

Yes, the island seems to be pulling itself up really quickly, no doubt
because it was "only" the beach front that took the hit. Your friend's
report is very similar to that on John's and Bent's website that Mika gave
the link to yesterday.

I'm glad to hear that the Similans survived relatively unscathed, and even
happier that the divers there did. So far, the only diver fatalities I've
heard of were in Emerald Cave down south. If the Similans had been
destroyed, the dive industry on Phuket would have been more or less wiped
out altogether.

Bjorn