SCUBA-SE Archives

December 2004

From:
Bjorn Vang Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:43:32 +0800
Hi Mika,

No problem, I know what you meant :-)

Wolfgang and Evi owned the "Short Cut", which was one of the boats we used
most in the old TSAC days. They also owned the "Wicked Witch" and the "Ugly
Duck". Lately, they ran the "Short Cut II" and a fleet of speedboats in an
operation whereby you can be driven to Khao Lak and then get on a speedboat
to the Similans in about an hour. There you would rendezvous with the "Short
Cut II" and spend the day onboard, before being taken back to Khao Lak, and
then by minibus back to Phuket.

The problem in Khao Lak was that most hotels were built right on the beach
(often illegally), so they took the full blast. The Thais think up to 2000
people died there. The diveshop was in one of the hotels.

I keep hoping that they just have other things to do right now than
communicate, but I think I'm hoping against hope.

Bjorn