HP3000-L Archives

November 2004, Week 2

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:22:36 -0500
Install from a 'typical' CSLT does not restore any data, working files or applications.

Therefore normally, you would also have to restore any missing files from a backup using the KEEP* and (DIRECTORY + CREATE)** options.

(* So you don't overwrite your Install files.)

(** So you get your directory structure back, although it would have been better if you had BULDJOB1 and BULDJOB2 files restored and executed first.)

Files on other Volume_Sets should still be there and not require restoring.  You would only need files that were on the MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET.  (For small machines, this may be the only set they have.)

If your CSLT install did not include other Volume_Sets in it's config, (it was an old CSLT?) you would have to re-add other Volume_Sets manually.

BT

Tracy Johnson
MSI Schaevitz Sensors