HP3000-L Archives

November 2004, Week 2

From:
Eben Yong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eben Yong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:00:14 -0500
I have been tasked with looking for a Call Documentation System for
our organization.  We are currently using a custom MS ACCESS
application to log and track calls, but senior staff are looking for
a more robust and full-featured system that not only allows for
logging and tracking of calls, but also the management of such calls
(for example, efficient and user-friendly routing and follow up of
issues).  I do not know much of the AMISYS Phone Log system but it
seems unwieldy to me and probably not as full-featured as what I
imagine more modern systems might be.  The Call Documentation System
we are interested in must also be able to connect/link to ODBC data
sources so that, for example, a customer service rep taking that
call will only need to enter in the member ID into the system and it
will pull the related demographic info on that member directly from
the ODBC data source.  We might end up re-building our own custom
system but I'm also looking into external vendor offerings, too.
Your feedback and useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Eben Yong
Health Plan of San Mateo