HP3000-L Archives

November 2004, Week 1

From:
Peter Smithson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Smithson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:47:35 -0600
 In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
says...
> This is why I simply ignore Europeans' snide remarks about my SUV with the
> 3-liter engine and 20 MPG fuel economy (11.76 l/100 km). They don't
> understand that conditions are fundamentally different.

So why do you ignore all the other comments about SUV's from people in
the US? Presumably you have another reason for that but go to the trouble
of pointing out a special one for us thickos.

I find this comment really insulting.  You probably ignore all comments
against your SUV but you make a special point of ignoring Europeans
because we don't understand.  You do realise that SUV's are increasingly
popular over here don't you?  It's nothing to do with the US.

The only special condition in the US is that's been mentioned is you can
go further without getting into another country and regularly do.
Wouldn't a more ecnomical car be of even more benefit?

And why is four wheel drive particularly useful on the highway?