HP3000-L Archives

November 2004, Week 1

From:
Scott Keeling <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Keeling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:49:29 -0500
If anything should be taxed at an outrageous price (as cigarettes are here,
for example -- they're actually cheaper in Europe now), it *should* be
gasoline.

 - Cigarettes are taxed appropriately here, it's fairly easy to stop paying
that tax if you're unhappy with it.  Just pound your head against a wall
for a while to get over the nic-fit.

Europeans have no choice but to pay for it.  They are also much more
conservative in their use of automobiles and tend to utilize public
transportationa and (gasp) actually walk and ride bicycles.

Sometimes, and I know this is hard to believe, people in Europe WALK JUST
FOR FUN.

 - Maybe someday while riding public transportation, look left or right out
the window.  You'll be pleasantly surprised to see us Americans also
walking.  You really need to get out more Testa.

Some days, I just hate this country.  Sorry to offend all you
conservatives.

 - Offended?  No. I find it very humorous actually.  It would be easy to
tell you to just leave, you won't, you have to easy here with all these
annoying freedoms and such.  Reminds me of a high school dropout
complaining about low pay at Burger King.....please pull up to the next
window, sir.

Thanks for the laugh,
Scott