HP3000-L Archives

November 2004, Week 1

From:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 21:22:04 -0800
I have a couple of points beyond agreeing with your general gist.  First -
why is it that we have to "change" to abide the europeans?  Why is there no
onus on them to understand how *we* are?  As a personal example my wife has
a female friend he is a demanding, self absorbed user of others, but people
just say "Oh, that's just how Liz is", however if I do something obnoxious,
heaven forbid, then I must change my behavior.  I'm reminded of the western
european/US relationship.  it's time for Europe to deal with the fact of
who we are and adjust to it, we've already bent over backward for them,
bailing their asses out, giving them money, providing military protection,
etc., and all they do is spit at us, frankly I'm sick of it.

My other point is this: if you don't like this place, then seriously
leave.  Go to Mexico in exchange for the tens of millions of illegals here,
wait in line for a year to get in to Canada.  Go somewhere, but leave this
place if you think it is so horrible.  Even better, go to the Sudan, or
China or some other place and maybe you will appreciate this great land.  I
have a half dozen employees in Kiev Ukraine and they had an election two,
there is a run off now between two men, one has been in prison multiple
times and the other was poisened a couple weeks ago (probably by his
opponent I would imagine).  I have another half dozen in Romania where they
are also having an election.  This was the only communist country to murder
their dictator, yet they are on the verge of voting in another communist,
the young people are horrified, the government is corrupt, health care is a
joke, there is mandatory military service unless you bribe the officials,
which is also the case at hospitals if you don't have money, I've paid the
bribe money for almost all of their children born in the last few years.

I'm sick to death of the whining, uninformed, unwashed masses in this
country with no clue of the incredible freedoms that are available to them
if they get up off their lazy posteriors and take advantage of them.  I'm
reminded of baby pigs suckling and the one that can't figure how where the
hell the milk is from.

I waited a long time to jump in to these OT discussions on politics, but I
jumped in hard, now the election is over, it's obvious who won, there is a
clear majority and now I am done.  No, no, don't cheer, don't weep, I shall
still be here and chime in from time to time, but like Santa as the sun
rises, my job here is done.

At 08:27 PM 11/3/2004, Denys Beauchemin wrote:
>Please be kind to Herr Baier, he has had a rough couple of days.  It all
>started, when he spent the night from Monday to Tuesday surfing
>MoveOn.org and the Daily Kos.  He then spent most of yesterday there as
>well, especially when the skewed exit poll figures started coming out on
>the leftist blogs.  He was probably getting totally excited by late
>afternoon, only to watch his hopes get crushed, pulverized really,
>during the evening.  I can just see it now; he was probably preparing
>some choice posting in his own inimitable style, which only he can
>understand and it was all for naught.
>
>Now, he is surfing the leftist blogs looking for any hope, any bright
>light to show him to way, reveal to him what to say in the face of such
>horrendous disaster.  But there is nothing.  Not even a scintilla of
>hope; the two Johns have been flushed, the ketchup lady is gone, even
>Tom Daschle is gone.
>
>Perhaps Herr Baier is even contemplating moving back to "good old
>Europe" where people are so much smarter because they hate Bush.  I
>don't really care one way or the other, the only thing that disturbs me
>about him and others of his ilk is their fascination for my posterior.
>Well, don't worry Leftists, that is all you will see as you get left,
>and I mean left, behind in the dust on the side of the road of history
>as the rest of us move forward.
>
>Denys

Regards,

Shawn Gordon