UTCSTAFF Archives

November 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Sydney Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sydney Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:10:26 -0500
 From the folks at the BLT:

FLYING FINGERS PRODUCTIONS
Presents

Spencer
Bohren

We've been trying to get Spencer to Chattanooga for about 5 years, ever
since hearing rave reviews from our friend Del Rey and from people who
heard him at Merlefest.  In 1964, a young Spencer Bohren stepped out of the
boundaries set by his gospel-singing family and dipped his toe into the
great river of American traditional music.  The ensuing forty years have
taken Spencer to countless concert halls and clubs to share his vibrant mix
of blues, gospel, folk and country music.  Ten albums illuminate Spencer's
gift for songwriting and a dedication to America's musical root
system.  His concerts are legendary for exquisite, understated guitar
playing, expressive singing, quirky storytelling and innovative use of the
lapsteel.  Spencer is one of New Orleans' most effective musical ambassadors.

FRI, NOV 5, 8 PM

BARKING LEGS THEATER

1307 Dodds Avenue

Tickets $10, advance/door