UTCSTAFF Archives

November 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Carol Kimmons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Kimmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:30:22 -0600
Holiday Natural Crafts Workshop at Sequatchie Valley Institute
Sunday, December 5
Dust off your jingle bells and come on out to the beautiful Sequatchie
Valley, just 45 minutes from UTC, for the 5th annual holiday natural
crafts workshop at the Sequatchie Valley Institute (SVI), a non-profit
environmental center located 45 minutes from UTC, in the midst of 400
acres of forest.  There will be fun and crafts for adults and kids
alike, so bundle up and join us by the fireplaces.

 This year we’ll be making ginger bread men, as well as our usual
natural forest decorations, gifts, wrappings, and more! If hiking is
your style, wear your boots and walk up our forest trails to the last
homely house, Moonshadow.

 If you prefer not to make your own crafts, the “Como Se Llama” Crafts
Gallery will also be open, offering many great gifts, including
ceramics, our favorite books, wooden items, glass jewelry and handmade
glass books.

 Sunday, December 5, 2004
Workshop 1:00- 4:00 CST  2-5 Eastern
Gallery sale 12:00- 5:00 CST, 1-6 Eastern Time
$15 workshop fee: Includes materials, instruction, a warm fire, hot
cider, coffee, & yummy snacks.
Contact Carol at: 949-5922,
[log in to unmask], website: svionline.org