HP3000-L Archives

October 2004, Week 4

From:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:51:40 -0400
There was some stuff left out of this article.

Like the Iraqis who opposed Saddam Hussein during the
first Gulf War, who thought we were going to finish the
job and actually liberate them.  Some of these people
were found out and eliminated.  So one of the factors
here is doubt on the part of the Iraqi people if we
are really going to finish the job.  When we do, then
they will be more inclined to believe they really are
'liberated'.

Another missing point is the UN, who instead of following
its mandate to be a humanitarian organization, became
involved in gross corruption.