HP3000-L Archives

October 2004, Week 4

From:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:12:24 -0400
The interim Iraqi government recently told the International Atomic Energy
Agency (IAEA) the explosives vanished after Saddam Hussein's government
fell, the U.N. nuclear watchdog said Monday.

Earlier Monday, the IAEA revealed it had been told two weeks ago by the
Iraqi government that 380 tons of HMX and RDX had disappeared from Al Qaqaa
after Hussein's government fell.

In a letter dated October 10, the Iraqi government told the IAEA the
material disappeared sometime after Hussein's regime fell in April
2003 "throughout the theft and looting of the governmental installations
due to lack of security."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/26/iraq.explosives.intl/index.html