HP3000-L Archives

October 2004, Week 3

From:
Peter Smithson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Smithson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:03:58 -0500
 Hi,

I must be doing something really stupid.

The documentation for item 6 (file creation date) is that it uses the
CALENDAR intrinsic format which says -

Bits   Value/Meaning
7:9   Day of year
0:7   Year since 1900

I get a bit confused with this notation.  Is that saying that the low 9
bits are the year and the high 7 is the year?

So today is year 104, day 292.  So the value I'd expect is

292 + 104 * (2^9) which is 53540.

Or if the year is 04 then it'd be 2340.

When I run a test program on MPE I get 1996 which is day 460 year 03.

I've tried out a few other combinations but I can't get it right.  What
have I done wrong?  I get the same result from calling CALENDAR.

Thanks.

Peter
--
http://www.beluga.freeserve.co.uk