HP3000-L Archives

October 2004, Week 1

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:45:52 -0400
All:

I have never had any trouble with the WRQ Reflection File Transfer
before, until this morning......

Transferring a file from the 3000 down to my pc using WRQ Reflection (8.0)
for NS/VT. During the transfer I received the "Transfer Stalled" error...

"No problem, I'll just do the transfer again.." I thought....

Well, ever since then the file transfer won't complete (won't even start I
should say) -- cannot connect to host, file transfer hangs trying to
connect to host computer (3000).

When I try to cancel the connection it goes out to lunch and eventually
gives me the "Cannot disconnect from host" error message. When I click on
cancel the file transfer closes down. So now I am back at my Reflection
window and when I press the enter key to get the colon prompt the cursor is
stuck.

I have to do a ctrl break/abort on the pc to get the colon prompt back.

I have tried the following:

Rebooted the pc
Rebooted the HP3000 (network up and running, otherwise I wouldn't be
able to get the colon prompt on my Reflection window)
Re-installed the WRQ Reflection for NS/VT software on my pc. Installation
completed successfully.

Anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

TIA,
Brian.