HP3000-L Archives

October 2004, Week 1

From:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 12:33:10 -0700
Assuming that person's HPSTREAMEDBY is unique, you could

1) not really thought out, but using your log reading tool, script an edit
to pickup those STREAMs job#s, then move all output from jobs streamed by
that person to the desired location.

2) subvert the STREAM command to record its timestamp and HPSTREAMEDBY into
its own (circular?) log file, then pass the command to the real STREAM.
After the jobs have run (a couple hours?), select and edit appropriate log
records to copy all output to the desired location.

I'd go with #2 just because the real log files are huge and difficult to
read, but iirc you have your own logreader tool, so that might work fine.

Good luck!

Tracy Pierce