HP3000-L Archives

October 2004, Week 1

From:
Greg Terterian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 20:27:49 EDT
My UPS finally decided to give up on me.  I purchased another one and  while
I was going over UPSUTIL manual, I decided to add last 3 lines.  But  since I
added those lines, I am getting error on UPS start command saying  'illegal
configuration command keyword in configuration file record 3, column 1  and it
repeats the same error for record 4 & 5.

I checked and double checked the spelling of my commands and it seems  ok?
Does anyone can tell me what is wrong there?

PUB.SYS:print  upscnfig
upscnfig.pub.sys
powerfail_message_routing  =   all_terminals
powerfail_command_file  =  mypfail.pub.sys
powerfail_grace_period  =  300
powerfail_low_battery = system_abort

I do appreciate your help in advance.
The second question I have,  what should I have in mypfail.pub.sys file?
Just MPE Commands (IE:  Showtime - so I can see what time the system failed? or
STORE something?)   what do you have there?

And the last question is if the UPS is non HP (even thaugh mine is HP
monster 1.3 KW)
will UPSUTIL program still work?

Once again, thank you for your time and help in advance.
Greg