HP3000-L Archives

October 2004, Week 1

From:
Paul Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:53:45 -0700
Folks,

HP's 11/14/2001 announcement about our platform forced us to homestead and
migrate most of our applications.  It also was instrumental in dropping SW
support and have thus remained at MPE/iX 6.0 pp2 and have all but
abandoned any new development on the HP3K.

Just the other day one of the few remaining users inquired what ODBC
drivers or other tools may be available to enable him to access the IMAGE
data directly from his desktop.  While we were looking into ODBC access
around the 11/2004 time frame, HP's announcement forced us to change
direction and thus I have not kept current with any developments in that
area.  A coworker also indicated that the default ODBC client
(ODBCCL32.ODBCSE.SYS) will only run on NT or prior machines (have not
verified this).

So I decided to turn to the collective wisdom of this list and ask for
what options (preferably inexpensive) are currently available to directly
access IMAGE data from a PC application.

Regards
Paul Christidis