HP3000-L Archives

October 2004, Week 1

From:
Mosalie Rignon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mosalie Rignon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:47:27 -0500
 Hi,
Whaddya know, we're migrating ...
(Well, we're getting ready.)

We're uploading data files (extracted from Turbo Image on our HP3000) to a
Windows server via FTP every so often.

When - and only when - the FTP transfer has finished I would like to start a
remote database application (on the Windows server) to begin importing the
data.

Has anyone found a way for a job (or something else) on a HP3000 to launch a
command file on a Windows machine ?
Or some other method that would do the job ?

Come on, these Windows machines are supposed to be so vulnerable, there must
be some easy way to do it :) !!

[I have thought about having a "Scheduled task" on the Windows side
that would run evey so often run a script
which would check to see if the data files were new
but I was wondering  if there was not something more elegant available.]

TIA

Mosalie