HP3000-L Archives

October 2004, Week 1

From:
Gehan Gehale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gehan Gehale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 11:24:19 -0700
I'm not sure if this is what you mean to ask but I have a udc command
that wrote called pfile (for print a file).

pfile spf
setvar pfile "!spf"
file !pfile;dev=200
print !spf>*!pfile

200 is a printer that hasn't been connected in years. You can give it
any file and it will spool it with it's own dfid and name as
filename... Then I can send it to which ever printer I want after
that. It copies real fast and it works :)

:pfile time.pub
:showout
:DEV/CL   DFID       JOBNUM  FNAME    STATE FRM SPACE RANK PRI #C

 200      #O5164     #S40    TIME     READY       1584    D 8   1

:spoolf  5164;dev=100;copies=1;pri=13

As far as I know it works for files with special printer pcl codes
imbedded in the file. But I'm not sure if thats what special forms
is....

-G

Ps. I use the term "I wrote" loosely. Read: I saw something similar
and slightly modifyed it to suit my needs, It might have come out of
diercks sys admin book, or even this list.. Sorry but I can't
recall....