UTCSTAFF Archives

October 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Luis Leon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luis Leon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:53:40 -0400
New Work Order requests (to all campus):
Most of you are aware by now that we are in the process of cutting over to a
new PBX ( telephone system).  It is our intention to FREEZE requests for MAC
( moves, adds, changes) on Oct 15th  through Nov 7th.  We will attempt to
complete the existing Work Orders we have in QUE but if we receive a flood
of jobs in the next couple of days, we may not complete them all.

Trouble reporting (to all campus):
Please call 4784 for trouble reporting and provide, name, number, location,
and problem. (alternately use email: [log in to unmask] )

Voice Mail (to all campus)::
After the cutover ( beginning on 11/1/04) You will have to "re-apply" the
forward (activation of voice mail) to voice mail for your phone.  This can
be accomplished by picking up your handset, dialing *77 1777 (then hear
steady tone). Note: An extra digit has been added to the call forwarding
(voice mail activation) commands.
If you also want to have voice mail when you are on the phone (call forward
BUSY) repeat using *22 1777 (then hear steady tone).  Prior to the
cutover(10/29/2004) you need to make every effort to clear your voice
mailbox of unheard messages and write down your important "saved" messages.

Main Department phones to become DTERMS (to dept main # only):
For those of you who have emailed me and talked to me regarding having your
standard department main line changed to a DTERM, we will be delivering the
new DTERMS very soon (so you can "SWAP" for your existing phones the Monday
AFTER the cutover -  11/1/04 by unplugging the current phone and plugging in
the new phone).

Thank you,
Luis F. León
Director of ITD:  Telecomm