UTCSTAFF Archives

October 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
"Daniel G. Hyams" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel G. Hyams
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 09:44:23 -0400
On Thursday 07 October 2004 4:10 pm, you wrote:
> Mr Hyams wrote:
>
> "I have already seen dozens of articles pointing out allegations of
> impropriety, from both of the major parties.  This happens, unfortunately,
> every election, and is nothing new.  Let's focus on actual problems, and
> not try to make any more up on our own."
>
> Are you saying, Mr. Hyams, that these "improprieties" of which you speak
> are not "actual problems"? Or is it that you are simply willing to write
> them off as mere "allegations"?

Er no.  You completely misread my post.  I am trying, perhaps clumsily, to
say that there are *actual* problems of voter fraud out there, and we should
concentrate on those (do a Google search for "2004 voter fraud" to see what
I mean) as well as any new cases that show up that have merit.  We should
not be reactionaries (to borrow a word from a recent email that I received) and
spread rumor about nonissues.  So, I think that you and I are in agreement.
Having said that, I assume that your further comments below no longer
apply...or maybe they do.

> Even if they ARE only allegations, shouldn't they be investigated?
> Shouldn't voters be concerned?
>
> It sounds like your head is planted firmly in the sand, and that you are
> more than willing to call those who don't agree with you CRAZY... see your
> patronizing--and frankly, quite insulting--remark about "screwing on our
> tinfoil hats."
>
> -->jarrod whaley.

 Daniel G. Hyams