HP3000-L Archives

September 2004, Week 5

From:
"Emerson, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emerson, Tom
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:56:47 -0700

[...]

Although you've found and fixed the problem, one other often perplexing situation is when you try to verify your input file using the editor -- unless told otherwise, it will see this as a "numbered" file and drop the last 8 characters (and then complain about either duplicated or out-of-sequence line numbers)  Your program may ACTUALLY see all of the data, but "other bugs" will exist, and in attempting to debug the program, you'll inevitably decide to check the input data and think "Aha!!! it's not reading all the data!"