HP3000-L Archives

September 2004, Week 4

From:
Tony Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:52:50 +0100
One factor affecting HP3000 Ksam performance is inserting, updating and
deleting records where a lot of the records have the same key value.   I
once improved a program's performance by over 90% simply by eliminating
duplicate keys.

I've not tested how Acucobol performs in this respect.

I assume you were using NM Ksam on the HP3000 using HP Cobol and the native
mode intrinsics (or just the standard cobol verbs) and Acucobol's own cobol
and vision files on Unix.

With my migration hat on,  I'm pleased that you're getting better
performance on the Unix platform.

However, are you saying that the same test application only takes 1.5 hours
on the customer's MPE box ?