HP3000-L Archives

September 2004, Week 4

From:
Tim Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:35:28 -0400
<snip>

>Home ownership is at an all time high in the US as well.  Now maybe your
>figures take in to account all the illegal aliens in the US that are poor,
>which wouldn't really surprise me.

The banks own the homes not the people that live in them. 2 month out of a
job and they loose the house.

<snip>

Michael,

Banks own the homes?

Don't know what your smokin but my name is on the deed to my house.  The
mortgage company hold my mortgage the house is collateral for the loan.  If
I don't pay, they take the house.  That's the way it works!

How is this any different than at any other point in history.

When was the last time you (or anyone else) paid cash for your home?