HP3000-L Archives

September 2004, Week 4

Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:49:20 -0400
Thanks for your thoughts and well wishes!  After losing my job to Tata in
the spring up in VA, I have adopted S. Florida as my new home.  Seems I
chose the wrong time to move down here and I am a newbie to hurricanes.  At
the moment Fri. 9/24/04 late afternoon, the gas stations have long lines,
the grocery stores are being emptied by shoppers and we are all keeping an
eye on   www.noaa.gov and www.weather.com.

Soon all our pc's will be moved to an inside room away from windows
(again), and covered with plastic sheets.  After Francis, we were without
power for a week.  Trees and branches everywhere and I expect by Monday it
will be the same again.

Hunkering down in Delray Beach, FL